About Muse Shoppe Creme Featured Contact

DEAR EBAY


yesterday I received this heartfelt congrats from John Donahoe, president of eBay.  This is probably the most intimate view I've ever given of myself on the blog.  
My eBay history, in all it's glory.
the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Forgive the randomness, but isn't that what eBay is all about?

image via white loft studio
 It all started innocently enough, procuring milk glass vases for our wedding . . . lots of 'em.  our dining room was overrun with boxes from coast to coast
 #horsefacewaspissed
images by corinna raznikov
the other 9 years are a bit of a blur but from what I can gather, costume parties were the major culprit.
the official eBay history only allows me to go back to 2013 so I did the best I could.

there was the bad t-shirt party. . . custom airbrushed BFF shirt for me {with the hosts' names on it along with ours}, tiger shirt for CBC.
ahem, I won.


and classy tank for cinco de mayo . . 


there was the C party: cruella . . .


Ginger spices's union jack dress, boots, wig and headpiece scream ebay . . . as does the globetrotter garb for the G party . . .


oh and yeah, off season you can get girl scout cookies from ebay.  yikes.


ahhh, the M party - mary katherine gallagher, maverick and the mariachis were outfitted by eBay.
{yes that's a mini guitar around loo's neck}

and mary lou retton {sorry not sorry, willis}

I actually vividly remember e-mailing with a woman about a near exact replica of mary lou's olympic leotard.  
you know the one.


This gal had won the auction but was going to loan it to me before her competition.  I thought better of this idea and went with the standard velour USA leotard.  I think it served it's purpose.  and I think we can all agree that my brother in law, Will, earned his gold medal that night.

Bay watch babes for the B party . . .


oh and the wooden racquet tourney . . .

before kids . . .


another custom tank for when they were in the belly. . .


and the vintage tennis gown for 6 months after {womp}


hats . . .


random sold-out wonder pets . . .


tutus. . .

image by meredith nelson
lanterns. . .

S party . . . spicolis and 


stewardess {including cart, authentic safety cards, blankets & vintage pin - marry me, fly free!}


and here's documentation of some of the recent transactions . . . toonces wore eBay . . .


our original D party costumes didn't happen until late night so forgive the pic. . .


donatella and drummer from def leopard came first . . . 



oh and the wigs, soooo many wigs.


this one didn't quite look like the picture.






and more dog outfits . . .

sorry,  loo 
image by meredith nelson photo

and I almost forgot about all the goodies for the ruffled shoot!  
{all images by white loft studio}
this mailbox became . . .

 the centerpiece on the table. . . {spray painted it gold}


filled with glorious blooms from petal . . .


and the place settings also eBay. . . 






and frenchie figurines {via hong kong}. . .


and georgey's wings.


here's another one of those cuties spray painted silver for the frenchie fete . . 


so many more "treasures" over the years that are escaping my mind . . . probably for the best. 
{I'm actively choosing to ignore all the designer shoes that didn't fit quite right}
thank you for joining me on this fascinating walk down memory lane. 

happy eBayversary to moi!

P.S. of all costumes, I forgot roller girl . . .
wig - heart sunglasses - tank - shorts- socks- roller skates - and the ever important polaroid all courtesy of the one and only eBay
Dirk: Aren't you gonna take your skates off? 
Rollergirl: I never take my skates off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment